[User] subnets

Marc Bejarano openwireless.org at beej.org
Tue Jan 13 12:13:01 PST 2015

hi ranga,

sorry for the delayed reply.  i haven't tested your proposed solution
to the problem, but before i do, i want to understand the pros of it
versus what i see to be the more obvious solution.

every retail wireless router i've come across defaults to bridging the
LAN and Wi-Fi "segments".  is it a conscious decision on your part to
not do this?  if so, to what end?

i see the con to having two separate subnets for LAN and Private Wi-Fi
as needlessly complicating things and breaking assumptions that many
environments have about home Wi-Fi networks.

cheers,
marc