[User] Revert to Netgear firmware 1.0.0.48

Felix Oxley felix at oxley.org
Sun Jul 27 14:53:51 PDT 2014

The following info may be useful to others:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22688/~/how-to-upload-firmware-to-a-wndr3700v2-router-using-tftp

1) download the WNDR3800 firmware from here:
http://support.netgear.com/product/wndr3800

2) Unzip it and upload the .img file not the .zip file

3) it may work better if the pc is connected to a switch which is connected
to the WNDR3800, otherwise the PC may lose the netowrk connection and the
tftp client will abondon its upload attempt. If your adsl modem has
multiple network ports plug the pc and the WNDR3800 in to these. Remember
that connecting from the WAN port on the WNDR3800 to the switch will not
work.

The openwireless web site should tell users repeatedly and in large angry
letters to take a backup of the current WNDR3800 settings before they
install the openwireless firmware.

Hope that helps.