[User] Revert to stock WNDR3800 firmware

Ranga Krishnan ranga at eff.org
Sat Jul 26 17:38:10 PDT 2014

Please see the failsafe instructions here.

https://github.com/EFForg/OpenWireless#failsafe-and-recovery

You just need that last part if you are able to login via ssh into the
router, i.e. :

----------------------xxxxxxxxx----------------------
 copy a new image over to the /tmp directory with:
scp image_sysupgrade.bin root at 172.30.42.1:/tmp
and then e.g. login to the router to reflash the router with:

sysupgrade -v /tmp/image_sysupgrade.bin
---------------------xxxxxxxxxxx------------------------

To use the sysupgrade utility to flash a new image, you will need a
suitable ......sysupgrade.bin image. See the OpenWRT project for
more details. If for any reason you are not able to ssh into the router
follow the full failsafe instructions to do the re flash.

BTW if you have ssh login you can go the /etc directory and change
the DNS servers used in several ways e.g. add it to the /etc/resolv.conf
file. No need for a different firmware image. Please remember you have
an image with the full power of OpenWRT/CeroWRT. It is just the WebUI
we provided that is minimal. To access the full power you just need ssh
login and some familiarity with Unix.

Ranga