[User] Potential documentation problem & trouble installing firmware on WNDR3800CH

Kevin Audleman kevin.audleman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 21:02:49 PDT 2014

Hi awesome developers with the Open Wireless Movement!

I am so excited about this project I went out and bought the modem you link
to in the installation instructions:
https://openwireless.org/content/open-wireless-router-firmware-installation

When I try to install the firmware, I get a rather generic 'Installation
Failed' message. Looking for what might be different, I
see that I have a WNDR3800CH, not the WNDR3800.

First thing I want to bring to your attention: the link to NewEgg takes you
to a product page that does not mention the CH anywhere. I thought I had
messed up and bought the wrong one, but I've triple checked and as far as I
can tell from reading the page I am buying a WNDR3800. I might have to have
words with NewEgg, but I wanted to first bring it to your attention so you
don't send other people to buy the wrong product.

Second, I wanted to ask if the community has tested this on the CH. Is this
my problem, or is it something else? I did verify the checksum so I know my
download was successful.

I'm at a sad stopping point where I don't know what to try next. Any help
greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Kevin