[OpenWireless Tech] Hello World

Todd Freeman todd at chiwifi.net
Fri Nov 2 03:38:35 PDT 2012

Here is an example of how it is not sustainable:
You goto coffeshop for lunch, which is a part of the network, the
network is well known, 20 other people are in the coffeshop and want to
use it too. 2 of them are playing youtube on their phone. And wondering
why its buffering every 5sec.

a block switches to netb (this is what I am calling this hypothetical
network) who pays for the uplink for the block ? How are they supposed
to convince a carrier to offer anything faster then residential to their
area ?
If they are just each supposed to have their own, then how is this
supposed to take hold in any area that is poor ? or lacks large
infrastructure ?
It's cool, the poors don't need internet anyway. And we can just NAT
everyone who wants to connect to the internet, this system must be
useless for anything other then browsing websites.

Let us please take into account there is no more ipv4 available, NAT is
retarded, and if you want your network to connect to the greater
internet and not just each other, you are going to need more then just
NAT. You need real routing and your own IP space. I will not be building
a network designed purely for consumption.

also, what internet crash are you talking about ? The only time the
internet has ever "crashed" is when level3 and cogent stopped peering
for a couple days like 5 years ago, and when someone forgot to teach
iran how routing ASes works.