[OpenWireless Tech] Hello World

michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
Fri Nov 2 03:19:55 PDT 2012

Hi!

On 05:02 Fri 02 Nov     , Todd Freeman wrote:
> Minimal costs need to be incurred by the router owners if we want the
> system to be even reasonably large.
> But in this model 100% of the costs and also shaky legal liability (if
> they are not using vpn) are on the router owners.
>
> VPNs do remove liability from router owners, but tunnelling from one
> persons home connection to your home connection to the internet, triples
> the traffic required to do anything on the internet, this is not
> sustainable on an even moderate scale.

Why is this not sustainable? Do you think that users of hotspots will ever
cause a significant amount of traffic? Also until now all prophecies "the
internet will crash" have been wrong. Why should it be different now?

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com