[SSL Observatory] TLS 1.1/1.2 support

Erwann ABALEA erwann at abalea.com
Mon Aug 22 11:13:13 PDT 2011

2011/8/22 Ivan Ristic <ivan.ristic at gmail.com>:
> The most recent results are from April 2011:
>
> http://blog.ivanristic.com/2011/04/fresh-internet-ssl-survey-results-april-2011-available.html

Thanks for these new figures.

> Protocol analysis is on slide 30. Of course, little changed from 2010,
> the support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 is virtually non-existent.

I think that support of TLS1.1 or 1.2 by OpenSSL can make this change
a lot. On the server side, of course. With a looong enough deployment
time, of course. That's not tomorrow :(

BTW, how is the survey being done today, between EFF and Qualys? Have
you merged data, procedures, results? Is everything done separately?

--
Erwann.