[HTTPS-Everywhere] question regarding privacy policy for https everywhere

William Budington bill at eff.org
Fri Nov 11 12:23:30 PST 2016

For HTTPS Everywhere, data that I can offhand think of us collecting:

- If the SSL Observatory is enabled in settings, certificates of sites that you visit will be sent to us (this is off by default, and there's also the option to report these certs over Tor if you prefer)
- If you downloaded the extension from the EFF site, we'll get your IP address when Mozilla checks daily for updates, though this will not be retained our logs

Hope this helps,
Bill