[HTTPS-Everywhere] question regarding privacy policy for https everywhere

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Fri Nov 11 10:35:24 PST 2016

Hi Hannes,

Thanks for writing! Note that the privacy policy says that bug report
submission will either be manual or opt-in to automatic submission.
HTTPS Everywhere doesn't implement any bug report submission, and so
doesn't send any browsing data to remote servers (except through SSL
Observatory, which requires specific opt-in). If we were to implement
automatic bug report submission, you can be sure that it would respect
the privacy policy and require specific consent.