[HTTPS-Everywhere] Fwd: Two queries!

Alexander Buchner alexander.buchner at posteo.de
Tue Jun 9 11:01:14 PDT 2015

On 09.06.2015 18:19, Numismatika wrote:
> The problem with HTTPS-Finder is the quality of the auto-generated
> rules, a human person creates higher quality rulesets.  So i was
> thinking it would be more helpfull to have
> https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/sixornot/ for TLS. Show with
> different colors if a certain page, subdomain and if you expand the data
> the content objects themselfes  is loaded over tls, can be loaded via
> TLS, or can't be secured at all. That  should be enough for the advanced
> users to write rules. Being notified about the possibility would be
> good, but automating is too delicate in my opinion
> Numismatika

I also use HTTPS-Finder to just get notified if a website supports HTTPS
(and I spotted a lot of sites which weren't yet included in HTTPS
Everywhere).

To generate the rules then I use the make-trivial-rule script most of
the times as a start.

I also would like to see some further development of HTTPS Finder but
for now I got used to its limitations.