[HTTPS-Everywhere] Fwd: Two queries!

Numismatika numismatika-everywhere at eclipso.ch
Tue Jun 9 09:19:19 PDT 2015

Am 09.06.2015 um 17:39 schrieb Paul Heering:
> 2. I use HTTPS Everywhere in conjunction with HTTPS Finder 0.91 which
> automatically detects and alerts when SSL is available on a web page,
> and automatically creates a rule for HTTPS Everywhere
> (https://code.google.com/p/https-finder/). However, this seems to have
> been abandoned by the developer. Would EFF consider taking this over,
> or incorporating this functionality into HTTPS Everywhere -
> alternatively, is this add-on not recommended, or now redundant?
>
> Rgds - Paul

The problem with HTTPS-Finder is the quality of the auto-generated
rules, a human person creates higher quality rulesets.  So i was
thinking it would be more helpfull to have
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/sixornot/ for TLS. Show with
different colors if a certain page, subdomain and if you expand the data
the content objects themselfes  is loaded over tls, can be loaded via
TLS, or can't be secured at all. That  should be enough for the advanced
users to write rules. Being notified about the possibility would be
good, but automating is too delicate in my opinion
Numismatika