[HTTPS-Everywhere] Random site fails - GIF dance party

Drake, Brian brian at drakefamily.tk
Wed Jan 15 18:03:31 PST 2014

To summarise the last two messages:

The Amazon Web Services ruleset (AmazonAWS.xml) contains this rule:

<rule from="^http://([^@:\.]+)\.s3-website-us-east-1\.amazonaws\.com/"
to="https://$1.s3.amazonaws.com/" />

which breaks this site:

http://fuzzywobble.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

Erik suggested labelling the ruleset as “partial” and disabling it by
default.

But it looks like it’s only the root of that domain that’s broken. The XML
document returned contains a list of keys, each of which corresponds to
another URL (eg style.css ->
http://fuzzywobble.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/style.css). I tried a
couple of those URLs and they work.

Therefore, I suggest labelling the website as “partial” and replacing the
rule with:

<rule from="^http://([^@:\.]+)\.s3-website-us-east-1\.amazonaws\.com/(.)"
to="https://$1.s3.amazonaws.com/$2" />

--