[HTTPS-Everywhere] wrong FAQ "Q. Why use a whitelist of sites that support HTTPS?"

Drake, Brian brian at drakefamily.tk
Mon Jan 13 00:33:15 PST 2014

Here’s a few other places with outdated addresses:

“Q. Why use a whitelist of sites that support HTTPS? Why can't you try to
use HTTPS for every last site, and only fall back to HTTP if it isn't
available?”

This is the section already being discussed with regard to the LiveJournal
example. The Wikipedia example also needs to be replaced, though. Two
examples that come to mind are 25.media.tumblr.com and some of the Amazon
Web Services rules.

“Q. Why should I use HTTPS Everywhere instead of just typing https:// at
the beginning of site names?”

This section actually links to the deprecated Wikimedia secure server (the
one in the Wikipedia example mentioned above).

“A quick HOWTO on working with Git”

The first paragraph links to http://help.github.com/ (yes, there is no ‘s’
in there!). This redirects to the HTTPS version. The Github ruleset in the
development branch redirects it to the HTTPS version. Forget that, one of
the paragraphs further down in the same section links to the HTTPS version!

This is just what I can think of now. Someone should do a thorough review
of the links in the HTTPS Everywhere documentation.

--
Brian Drake

All content created by me:
Copyright<http://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/ip/berne/trtdocs_wo001.html>©