[HTTPS-Everywhere] Chrome 2014.8.22 ("extremely stable") released

Jacob S Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Fri Aug 22 16:21:41 PDT 2014

On 08/22/2014 07:14 PM, Peter Eckersley wrote:
> The underlying problem is that sometimes that bug causes havoc in which
> we rewrite the top level page to HTTPS, and then the mixed content
> blocker kicks in and blocks scripts before we can rewrite their URLs to
> HTTPS (!).
I believe that's a different, but closely related bug. My approach
would not be to downgrade both extensions to beta, but to say "lots
of people have been happily using both extensions; they are of
similar quality; let's call them both stable."

I also think that the work we've done disabling the sites that run
into MCB trouble has made that bug much less severe than it used to be.