[HTTPS-Everywhere] Chrome 2014.8.22 ("extremely stable") released

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Fri Aug 22 16:14:31 PDT 2014

The underlying problem is that sometimes that bug causes havoc in which
we rewrite the top level page to HTTPS, and then the mixed content
blocker kicks in and blocks scripts before we can rewrite their URLs to
HTTPS (!).

Although to be fair, that horrible bug has subsequently been implemented
in Firefox, so probably we should downgrade both extensions back to beta
:(

At least Mozilla developers are doing real work on fixing it; I haven't
been able to wrangle that out of the Chrome team yet :/.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131