[HTTPS-Everywhere] Chrome 2014.8.22 ("extremely stable") released

Jacob S Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Fri Aug 22 16:10:46 PDT 2014

 > It's debatable whether this is a beta or not. Jsha argues that
we're stable, but I worry that we can't really be stable until
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=122548 is resolved.

For context: the bug is "Chrome displays insecure content warnings
for content handled by the WebRequest API." I would argue that this
should be considered a minor graphical bug. The functionality is
sound, but for some pages there will be a yellow triangle warning in
the URL bar. The warning will never be a crossed-out red HTTPS
because of mixed content blocking.

I think the beta label no longer conveys any informational content,
and just makes the versioning confusing - what's beta vs development
vs stable?