[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere 4.0 progress update, and goodbye!

yan yan at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 11 17:09:11 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I made an experimental release of HTTPS Everywhere Firefox 4.0.0 last
week, and it's up at
https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-4.0.0.xpi. PGP signature
(with my personal GPG key):
https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-4.0.0.xpi.sig.

I haven't officially released this as a stable update, because signature
verification on the update metadata file [1] has been unsuccessful for
some unknown reason.

[1] https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-update-2048-4.0.0.rdf

Once we figure out the signature verification bug (probably a problem
with RDF parsing in the signing script, since I just added Firefox for
Android as an installable application for HTTPS Everywhere), 4.0.0 will
be released as the latest stable version. This will be an update to both
Firefox for desktop and Android.

On a tangential note, I'm officially leaving EFF after I send this
email, since it's my last day here. But I'll still help out with HTTPS
Everywhere, at least until Zack's GSoC work is finished. :)

All the best, and thanks for the rulesets,
Yan

PS: please contact me at this email instead of my EFF one from now on.