[HTTPS-Everywhere] Replacing the rulesets database file

Red redwire at riseup.net
Mon Aug 11 14:35:45 PDT 2014

On 2014-08-11, 12:21 PM, Jacob S Hoffman-Andrews wrote:
> > Why not include the default.rulesets XML file in the extension, then
> send an XHR to that local file if the XHR to the remote file fails?
>
> I assume you mean rulesets.sqlite? My thought was that there would be
> a default rulesets.sqlite embedded in the extension and at install
> time the extension would copy it into the user profile dir.
> Subsequently it would be loaded from the user profile dir, and the
> copy in the user profile dir would be overwritten by the updater.
That's what I've been doing- copying the database to the profile
directory and trying to load it from there.
I haven't been able to figure out why, but this doesn't seem to be
working right.  The DB connection is made successfully and the extension
is able to query for targets, but when it tries to SELECT git_commit
from the git_commit table, the component handling the DB connection
throws a non-descriptive exception.