[HTTPS-Everywhere] Replacing the rulesets database file

Jacob S Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Mon Aug 11 12:21:45 PDT 2014

 > Why not include the default.rulesets XML file in the extension,
then send an XHR to that local file if the XHR to the remote file fails?

I assume you mean rulesets.sqlite? My thought was that there would
be a default rulesets.sqlite embedded in the extension and at
install time the extension would copy it into the user profile dir.
Subsequently it would be loaded from the user profile dir, and the
copy in the user profile dir would be overwritten by the updater.