[HTTPS-Everywhere] 3.5.1 and chrome-2014.4.25 released

F. McUrr filchermcurr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:35:48 PDT 2014

Yan Zhu <yan at ...> writes:

> HTTPS Everywhere 3.5.1 has been released:

Several of us on Reddit suspect that the latest release (and development
release) are causing Firefox to crash intermittently on OS X. Since
disabling HTTPS Everywhere, the crashes have stopped in Firefox v29. (When
enabled, they occurred in both Firefox version 28 and 29.) I can provide a
month's worth of daily crash reports if they would be of interest! This
doesn't necessarily happen while Flash is running. (I saw mention that maybe
flash and OS X were contributing to crashes in Chrome in another comment.)
There also doesn't seem to be any consistency. It happened a lot with Reddit
and Facebook, but probably because those are the sites I bounce between when
bored...

A random selection of crashes-of-dubious-helpfulness (more if needed)

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/928edd18-54a5-4b5b-8a07-0fbd92140428
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/f1a325a7-b467-4bda-9013-e9b3f2140427
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/11cfc3af-2457-4615-b6f0-ba7dd2140425
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/51df3be8-e785-408d-b00b-b823b2140424

If this is the wrong place to report this sort of thing, I apologize! I
clearly have no idea what I'm doing. :(