[HTTPS-Everywhere] 3.5.1 and chrome-2014.4.25 released

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Mon Apr 28 15:56:10 PDT 2014

On 04/28/2014 03:35 PM, F. McUrr wrote:
> Yan Zhu <yan at ...> writes:
>

>> HTTPS Everywhere 3.5.1 has been released:
>

> Several of us on Reddit suspect that the latest release (and development
> release) are causing Firefox to crash intermittently on OS X. Since
> disabling HTTPS Everywhere, the crashes have stopped in Firefox v29. (When
> enabled, they occurred in both Firefox version 28 and 29.) I can provide a
> month's worth of daily crash reports if they would be of interest! This
> doesn't necessarily happen while Flash is running. (I saw mention that maybe
> flash and OS X were contributing to crashes in Chrome in another comment.)
> There also doesn't seem to be any consistency. It happened a lot with Reddit
> and Facebook, but probably because those are the sites I bounce between when
> bored...
>
> A random selection of crashes-of-dubious-helpfulness (more if needed)
>
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/928edd18-54a5-4b5b-8a07-0fbd92140428
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/f1a325a7-b467-4bda-9013-e9b3f2140427
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/11cfc3af-2457-4615-b6f0-ba7dd2140425
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/51df3be8-e785-408d-b00b-b823b2140424
>
> If this is the wrong place to report this sort of thing, I apologize! I
> clearly have no idea what I'm doing. :(

It certainly is better than reporting bugs on Reddit! Where's the
thread, by the way?

If you have a month's worth of crash reports on the stable release, then
the crashes date back to the 3.4.5 release; that's weird because the
dramatic changes that I would expect to break things happened in 3.5.

-Yan