[HTTPS-Everywhere] License issue with utils/zipfile_deterministic.py (was: 3.4.2 and 4.0development.13 released)

Jérémy Bobbio lunar at debian.org
Sat Oct 5 07:26:11 PDT 2013

Micah Lee:
> Actually, Yan and I just discovered that this release isn't _quite_
> deterministic. So we'll have to wait for our next release to make the
> announcement.
>
> The build process in the HTTPS Everywhere repository is completely
> deterministic for Firefox, but when we do public releases we run a
> separate unpublished script to make things easier. We didn't update
> this script before making this release, so we'll have to update it
> before the next release before the xpi is actually deterministic.

Also, I suspect there is a license problem with the new so I'm not going
to update the Debian package for now:

There's no indication of a license for utils/zipfile_deterministic.py
except that it says it's a fork. Fork means that there is an initial
code base, and the latter usually has authors and copyrights.

Python is crazily versatile. Can't this be fixed by a monkey patch?
If not, could you provide proper license and authorship information?

Thanks!
--
Lunar                                .''`.
lunar at debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism