[HTTPS-Everywhere] product support priorities

Russell Golden niveusluna at niveusluna.org
Wed Feb 6 14:17:26 PST 2013

On Feb 6, 2013 4:03 PM, "John A. Wallace" <jw72253 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi. No offense, really, and I am not trying to start a flame with the
> anti-Microsoft group, but I was hoping that someone could explain to me
the
> rationale behind the decision of not developing an HTTPS-Everywhere
> extension for Internet Explorer while choosing to make them for other
> browsers? I am just a mere power-user, not a developer, so maybe there is
> technical barrier or difficulty guiding this decision?

At the time of first starting the extension, it was believed that this
could not be properly done with IE's extension system. Since then, somebody
else has stepped up and is making an IE port. The IE port is not currently
an EFF project, but it is being actively developed. There is a thread in
the archives somewhere about this.