[HTTPS-Everywhere] product support priorities

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed Feb 6 15:02:20 PST 2013

Firefox and Chrome are actually more widely used amongst EFF's core
constitutency than IE, and it's our highest priority to serve that community
(who are also, I believe, the most likely people to install HTTPS Everywhere).

It also happens to generally be easier to build extensions to free/open source
browsers.  When we looked, we couldn't find documented extension APIs for IE
that would let us build HTTPS Everywhere.  It's great that Julien has been
able to find a way to do it, and hopefully that effort will eventually lead to
a robust IE port.