[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS-Everywhere not redirecting GETs made after page load

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:56:35 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I don't know if it's a compatibility issue with one of my addons or
something else, but here's what's happening to me:

I'm trying to load 9GAG and while the main page loads, the subsequent AJAX
calls are not.

I believe this is happening because, for some reason, this particular
website is trying to load HTTP resources even when browsed over HTTPS.
Meaning that when I checked with Firebug, I found out my browser was trying
to load

*http*://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

along with some others (screenshot:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7821/noyp.png)

Any advice? for now my only option is to disable HTTPS-Everywhere, because
disabling the rules only doesn't seem to work (and, moreover, I'm disabling
too many common APIs for my taste - Google mostly - so it's faster if I
disable HTTPS-E)

Thanks,

Claudio