[HTTPS-Everywhere] SSL Observatory is not working

Dan Auerbach dan at eff.org
Thu Aug 1 18:52:16 PDT 2013

On 08/01/2013 03:36 PM, Claudio Moretti wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Dan Auerbach <dan at eff.org
> <mailto:dan at eff.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Claudio,
>
>     We are listening on 80 but there's no content -- just that default
>     page -- but it can be used to test whether the host is up. If you
>     go to https://observatory.eff.org, you can test if the SSL
>     connection is working. If you submit a cert, you can test if
>     submitting a cert works :)
>

> Hi Dan,
>
> Yeah, I should've thought about that. The SSL connection works for me;
> stupid question, though: how can I force (and log) sending a
> certificate? (RTFM is an accepted and welcome response, pinky swear)
>
> Claudio
There's a client side whitelist of very popular certs that do not get
submitted, and also a list of certs you've already submitted. Visit an
obscure site with SSL that you haven't visited before, and that should
work. Or fiddle with about:config settings (search for "observatory") to
turn off the client side whitelist and the caching of submitted certs,
then visit any website with SSL and it should do a submission.

Cheers,
Dan