[HTTPS-Everywhere] New major releases for Firefox and Chrome

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Sat Mar 3 15:08:00 PST 2012

This can't be fixed by changing the numbering.  The issue is that there are
two separate channels of releases.  Each has its own .xpi files, its own
update.rdf URLs, and its own new upgrades.  If we offered the 2.0.1 xpi
upgrade to people who were running the development branch, we would loose the
(implicit) information about which users were willing to run more experimental
software and which should only get more tested and stable upgrades.

The real fix is that we will release 3.0development.1 on Monday.