[HTTPS-Everywhere] New major releases for Firefox and Chrome

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Sat Mar 3 15:27:02 PST 2012

On 3/3/2012 6:08 PM, Peter Eckersley wrote:
> This can't be fixed by changing the numbering.  The issue is that there are
> two separate channels of releases.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. That makes perfect sense.

Since 3.0dev is on the way so soon, it's not a big deal, but in the
future, it might be worth publishing the release version to both the
release and dev channels when the latest version is a release version,
kind of like Mozilla does for Firefox. When Firefox 11.0 comes out, I
expect that I'll be using the same version of Firefox as the release
channel users are for a couple days before 12.0 beta 1 is released.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com

"In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it
would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples
might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal
time in physics classrooms." - Stephen Jay Gould