[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere for Chrome

Aaron Swartz me at aaronsw.com
Tue Jul 26 08:39:27 PDT 2011

Based on code written by Mike Perry, I've put together a usable
version of HTTPS Everywhere for Chrome:

https://github.com/downloads/aaronsw/https-everywhere/https-everywhere-0.0.7.crx

To install you should be able to just visit that URL and click
"Continue" in the download bar. You may also need to visit
chrome://flags/ and click "Enable" underneath "Experimental Extension
APIs." It should autoupdate, although I haven't been patient enough to
test that.

[According to Mike][1], it doesn't properly remove cookies that should
be secure from document.cookie due to a Chrome bug. But I've been
using it in regular browsing and it seems to work well.

It's in [my git repo][2] with a simple build script to create and sign
the .crx file. I hope that the HTTPS Everywhere maintainers, if they
approve, will integrate this into their actual build process.

[1]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/2956
[2]: https://github.com/aaronsw/https-everywhere