[HTTPS-Everywhere] Facebook

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Sun Feb 6 10:47:24 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:37:10AM -0800, Peter Eckersley wrote:

> Bad news:   https://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?networks and similar
>             pages still redirect back to HTTP.

So I just retested this after the HTTPS setting was rolled out to my
account.  That page still redirects back to HTTP, _until_ you have enabled the
HTTPS setting in your Facebook account, and then it becomes available.

I think we need to reach out to Facebook and ask them to detect HTTPS
Everywhere users and auto-enable that setting for them :/.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131