[HTTPS-Everywhere] Windows Live Hotmail HTTPS Compatiability Issue

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed Nov 24 23:17:27 PST 2010

Andrew,

This problem appears to be at Microsoft's end; although https worked for the
Hotmail account that we tested at EFF, it's clear that there are some where
for policy or technical reasons https isn't available.

I'm CCing Caspar Bowden at Microsoft in the hope that he can shed some light
on why this might be the case and whether this limitation is expected to be
temporary.