[HTTPS-Everywhere] Facebook HTTPS Issues

Drake, Brian brian2 at drakefamily.tk
Sat Dec 18 08:18:42 PST 2010

The main Facebook ruleset is, I assume, designed to not break anything
except chat. However, merely forcing HTTPS on www.facebook.com seems
to create issues with at least some iframes in apps (specifically, the
ones used to send gifts, I think) (at least when I tried it a while
ago). Just something for interested people to look at.

I haven’t bothered to report this to Facebook – they don’t seem to
care what their users think, in my experience (I’ve tried posting
about various issues on their Walls and discussion forums with no
response). I would like a resolution though. Currently, I’m trying
more conservative rules I wrote myself, which still help with most of
the links I click on.