[HTTPS-Everywhere] Facebook HTTPS Issues

Chris Palmer chris at eff.org
Sat Dec 18 11:15:33 PST 2010

On Dec 18, 2010, at 8:18 AM, Drake, Brian wrote:

> The main Facebook ruleset is, I assume, designed to not break anything
> except chat.

Actually, no, apps are known to be broken as well. As you discovered. :(

I think it is worthwhile to add your voice to the chorus asking Facebook to use HTTPS throughout their site. Note that, of course, iframe-based apps load content from sites that other organizations operate, and there is nothing Facebook can do about that.

--
Chris Palmer
Technology Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation