[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Exception to HTTPs Everywhere

Ted Guild ted at w3.org
Tue May 17 00:30:51 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 18:43 -0700, Peter Eckersley wrote:

> I don't think that any existing problems at w3.org should be caused by HTTPS
> Everywhere, because we don't currently ship a ruleset for the W3C!  It's
> possible that it's HTTPS Finder, KB SSL Enforcer, or some other browser
> extension that probes HTTPS for every domain.

Peter,

Thank you for the reply, apologies for jumping to a hasty conclusion and
thank you for the pointers.  As it sounds like this has come up in the
past do you have any recommendations to finding out which might be
involved?  The requests are not carrying any distinguishing user-agent
modification.  We thought perhaps it was from this project since we have
read about it earlier.

We will follow up here in https-everywhere if necessary regarding a
ruleset.

Cheers,

--
Ted Guild <ted at w3.org>