[Companion-announce] Site preview + crediting

Soraya Okuda soraya at eff.org
Thu Nov 9 16:55:24 PST 2017

*Hi good people,*

*I'll delve into two asks: *

1) checking out the site before launch on November 15th and

2) letting me know if you'd like to be credited (proposed credits at the
bottom -- I will not add your name without your consent)

*
*

*-----**
*

*1) I'm excited to share a preview of the Security Education Companion
site:
*

*https://sec.eff.org!* <https://sec.eff.org%21>

*It has a soft launch on November 15th. We will still be iterating on
the materials after.*

Some specifics on the site: This comes after much sprinting, bug-filing,
feature-requesting, and piece-editing with my wonderful colleagues who
have been helping with this project. For now, please ignore the pages
for Lesson Modules and Teaching Materials: they will be more fleshed out
shortly, after they have been formatted appropriately.

/The login and password information (which will expire on the 15th) will
be sent to you individually in a followup email. It goes without saying,
but please do not share the login./

Thank you to those of who you have given comments on your impressions of
the Security Education 101 section -- I've done my best to try to
address the feedback, by curating some of the content, and reducing the
volume of reading materials available at launch.

*At this stage of the site, **comments in the spirit of the following
would be really helpful:*

    + Who do you feel that this site is for?

    + What content did you expect to find? Did what you see align with
    your expectations?

    + Would you feel comfortable sharing this site with beginner
    trainers? Why or why not?

---
*2) Would you like to be credited? If so, please answer the following:
*

    + Is your full name appropriate, or do you want to be credited under
    a pseudonym?
    + Would you like to be listed with your organization?
    + Would you like us to include a link to your organization?

I will not add your name to the site without your consent.

    Equality Labs (SF bay) - Praveen Sinha, Thenmozhi Soundararajan

   //Cryptoparty Harlem/- Matt Mitchell/ (Matt just joined -- welcome, Matt!)

    Aspiration, Tor (SF bay) - Gunner

    Tow Center for Journalism (NYC) - Susan McGregor

    FabRiders, Level Up (London) - Dirk Slater

    Freedom of the Press Foundation (NYC) - Harlo Holmes

    Lucy Parsons Labs / Freedom of the Press Foundation (SF Bay) -  Jen
    Helsby, Freddy Martinez

    Advancing Justice-LA, National Lawyers Guild (LA) - Ken Montenegro

    Access Now  - Anqi L, Michael Carbone, Floriana Pagano

    independent trainer / assistive technology & accessibility advocate
    (Kansas City) - Spencer Hunley

    University of Amsterdam, formerly at Tactical Tech (Amsterdam) -
    Becky Kazansky

    independent trainer / security education advocate (SF Bay) - Jessy
    Irwin

    Black Movement Law Project (NYC) - Abi Hassen

    Library Freedom Project, Tor (Houston) - Alison Macrina

    Mozilla Web Fellow, formerly at Aspiration (Toronto) - Nasma Ahmed

    Internews (DC) - Jon Camfield

    Information Ecology - Jonah Sheridan

    University of Utah - Tammy Denning

    Tactical Tech - Chris Walker

**

Thank you and hope you are well!

As always, please feel free to email me whenever if you have questions
or comments about the project. I'm admittedly a little slow to respond
given the hustle until launch, but will get back to you as soon as I am
able :)

Soraya

--
Learn more about digital security at https://ssd.eff.org/.