[User] Router Models

Matt Kraai kraai at ftbfs.org
Thu Oct 9 04:38:51 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 08:37:33AM +0200, Devin Bayer wrote:
> I'm interested in running an openwireless router to share my internet with
> people passing by. This firmware looks like the way to go, even if it's a
> little rough around the edges. I might even be able to help, if I encounter
> problems.
>
> But my first problem is the router choice - the Netgear WNDR3800 is a little
> expensive and end-of-life. If I could find it second-hand, that would still
> be fine; but I can't.
>
> Is there a current (hopefully cheaper) model that works out of the box with
> this firmware? I'm hoping to cover a wider area, so 5Ghz won't work well
> anyway.

According to

 https://openwireless.org/router/download#faq-Will-you-be-supporting-other-router-hardware?

the Netgear WNDR3800 is the only supported router.

There is some information about building a version with support for
the WNDR3800CH at

 https://openwireless.org/pipermail/user/2014-August/000012.html

--
Matt