[User] Router Models

Devin Bayer dev at doubly.so
Wed Oct 8 23:37:33 PDT 2014

Hello -

I'm interested in running an openwireless router to share my internet
with people passing by. This firmware looks like the way to go, even if
it's a little rough around the edges. I might even be able to help, if I
encounter problems.

But my first problem is the router choice - the Netgear WNDR3800 is a
little expensive and end-of-life. If I could find it second-hand, that
would still be fine; but I can't.

Is there a current (hopefully cheaper) model that works out of the box
with this firmware? I'm hoping to cover a wider area, so 5Ghz won't work
well anyway.

Thanks,
Devin