[OpenWireless Tech] Is openwireless dead?

Christian Huldt christian at solvare.se
Sun Jun 30 02:23:06 PDT 2013

For more communities check for example
http://battlemesh.org/Endorsements2013

Due to the nature of freedom and communities there are no central
authority :-) (though many efforts to accomplish that has been made)

As my open wireless network is called openwireless.org I can't call the
project dead, but then I (think I am) living in a jurisdiction where I
defend myself by claiming that it is a open network... That said I like
the wlan-slovenija efforts, but as their tunnels are unencrypted to work
on cheap devices some people think that is not the right choice.

As for project leads, as soon as some starts leading someone else with
different goals will start leading in a different direction.
I think that is good.

Natanael skrev 2013-06-27 14:16:
> It's an EFF project, and as far as I can tell it's not very active for
> the moment. Guess they've got other priorities.
>
> https://openwireless.org/
>

> 2013/6/27 valent.turkovic at gmail.com <mailto:valent.turkovic at gmail.com>
> <valent.turkovic at gmail.com <mailto:valent.turkovic at gmail.com>>
>
>     Who has more info regarding this project? Who is project lead and who
>     are core team members?
>
>     From lack of activity on this mailing list I can only conclude that
>     project hasn't worked or has stopped working some time ago...
>
>     Who knows history of this project, how (and who) it started, what were
>     it's goals, were they successful and what are some near and long term
>     goals?
>
>     Cheers,
>     Valent
>
>     --
>     follow me - www.twitter.com/valentt <http://www.twitter.com/valentt>
>     & http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com
>     linux, anime, spirituality, wireless, scuba, linuxmce smart home, zwave
>     ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic, MSN:
>     valent.turkovic at hotmail.com <mailto:valent.turkovic at hotmail.com>

Christian Huldt
+46704612207