[OpenWireless Tech] The police came to the AP owner first, then sniffed the air to find real culprit​​

David Fine dfine at sonic.net
Thu Nov 29 14:39:10 PST 2012

> if we want this project to have any chance of success, we have to offer people alternatives as part of our solution that do not require that they run a completely open network.
This is the part I disagree with. The way to grow is to remove barriers
to entry. To the extent that this is a movement, the main thrust is to
make open wireless a viable option. Plenty of people are willing to run
open hotspots if it's safe and uncomplicated. The time to proliferate
open wifi is now, before things get locked down any further. In the
United States, we are morally, ethically, and _legally_ in the right.
http://torrentfreak.com/judge-an-ip-address-doesnt-identify-a-person-120503/
People in Germany will have to route around their laws for a while, that
sucks. But that's not the problem this project should focus on right now.
--DF