[OpenWireless Tech] The police came to the AP owner first, then sniffed the air to find real culprit​

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Nov 27 00:28:26 PST 2012

>>>>> "Brad" == Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> writes:

Brad> I think that there may be some places left in this world where
Brad> we could have truly open APs, but they are certainly few and far
Brad> between.  [...]

The US is one of those not-insignificant few-and-far-between places.

Brad> [...] [P]eople might be in countries like Germany where there is
Brad> clearly a very real legal threat, or in places where the threat
Brad> is less well-defined. [...]

FWIW, from some of my German friends, I understand that some operators
of open wifi networks there tunnel their traffic to Sweden, where laws
are less oppressive.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net