[OpenWireless Tech] The police came to the AP owner first, then sniffed the air to find real culprit​

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Nov 26 23:24:03 PST 2012

Hi -

Sure, if you're able to flat out run open APs more power to your elbow.

Most people sitting on a personal internet connection aren't in that situation and need something else to happen if they will participate.  In terms of reach, it's those guys that are all around us and could make a huge difference.

Calling normal people making rational decisions faced with legal facts in their locality 'cowards' as some are doing is not the right 'something else' to unstick them.  If people have a more convincing idea for those people than what's being discussed about vpn, I'm certainly interested to hear it.

-Andy