[OpenWireless Tech] Does using VPN services or Tor increase risk of scrutiny

Guy Jarvis fibreguy42 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 14:21:37 PST 2012

In terms of know who is doing what, that data is contained/logged at the
VPN concentrator/server if the spooks wish to know.

VPN is a useful means to provide public internet access using a freely open
wireless access infrastructure.

Of course an open local access network can also be used to transport
information locally and never hit the "public internet" at all and this is
an area of community location-based broadband that has barely been touched
upon in terms of practical network deployments as yet.