[OpenWireless Tech] a quick note about list etiquette: please post about projects

Dan Auerbach dan at eff.org
Thu Nov 8 13:24:06 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

First I want to thank everyone for participating, as there has been a
lot of fruitful discussion on the list since the openwireless.org
launch. The topic that we are trying to cover is huge and multifaceted,
and we at EFF are not in a position to actively manage the discussion
both due to time constraints and lack of expertise in some topic areas.

In general, the list discussion has been good and I don't want this
email to imply otherwise. In order to keep this as focused as possible,
I'd like to suggest that as a rule of thumb that people aim to post
about concrete projects. So for example, one might say things like:

-"Here is a github link related to X"
-"Have you heard of group Y, who is doing project Z? Is anyone working
here in touch with them?"
-"We are starting project W, and had the following question"
-"Would the following commands achieve Q for this firmware I'm working on?"

This way we can stay on track, and are less likely to fall into loud
disagreements. I don't want to disparage discussion -- which in general
has been on target and interesting to me -- but if you find yourself
rat-holing, I think IRC is a great place to have that argument.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Auerbach