[OpenWireless Tech] "Open-mesh"

Seamus Tuohy s2e at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Nov 7 09:55:33 PST 2012

There is a large international community of municipal mesh networks that
span into the hundreds and thousands of nodes. I mentioned a list of
them in my last e-m ail about mesh networks, and I would be happy to put
together a list of links to their sites if people need to see it to
believe it.

You can scale mesh networks to this size. Randomly placed ad-hoc devices
will not get you there, but with planning and support from a community
it is very possible.

Seamus