[OpenWireless Tech] WiFi Direct tech reference?

Dan Ryan dan.ryan at projectmeshnet.org
Fri Nov 2 13:22:59 PDT 2012

I'm not to sure what other people are doing, but at least for my setup I
have a secondary wireless network set up that can access any of the
cjdns<https://github.com/cjdelisle/cjdns/>nodes in my house at full
speed, but is throttled to 2mb/s download & 1mb/s
upload and travels over a vpn back to my vps so that I am not getting DMCA
notices on my home connection.

To my ISP it looks like I'm using a few VPNs here & there, and for the end
user the connection is completely transparent, unless they decide to peer
with me over cjdns, at which point they will be gaining an extra layer of
security arguably of equal or better value than WPA2. Eventually I intend
to link up with more cjdns peers with point to multipoint 5ghz & 2.4ghz
links, but I'm unsure how applicable that would be to this whole thread.

-Dan Ryan