[OpenWireless Tech] WiFi Direct tech reference?

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 10:38:01 PDT 2012

The idea is that we have BOTH modes. Authenticated and unauthenticated.
Because I see no reason to restrict it to one of those two.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/wifip2p.html

Maybe you can take a look at the source code if it is available. Maybe the
"interesting" parts is in the drivers, but what's there already should be
enough to implement this.

The only solution I can see to VPN free reasonable security is
opportunistic encryption with verification of the public key of the router
against a Qr code or NFC tag that is physically protected. Then you just
have to trust the router owner.