[OpenWireless Tech] Hello World

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 06:45:03 PDT 2012

It was a bit more active for about a month, a year ago. Let's hope it wakes
up again!

By the way, now that Android has support for automatic WiFi Direct service
announcement/detection/connection (based on UPNP and/or Bonjour), we could
build something on top of that. AFAIK all it takes is a firmware upgrade
for systems with ordinary recent WiFi chips to use it, so I imagine routers
should be able to support it as long as the driver makers added support for
it.

IMHO that would be the "least messy" solution. A router could simply
announce it's support for the "OpenWireless hotspot protocol" to other WiFi
Direct devices.