[OpenWireless Tech] The police came to the AP owner first, then sniffed the air to find real culprit

Guy Jarvis fibreguy42 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 20:49:43 PST 2012

This link caught my eye

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/24/unsecured-wifi-child-pornography-innocent_n_852996.html

My sense is that the push-back against fear of sharing wifi is both
technical eg VPN/VLAN and evidential, by which I mean if we can get to a
state whereby IP address is considered as an indicator of further interest
and not automatically proof of guilt then that offers an altogether more
easy/effective/comfortable proposition for mass adoption and availability
of openwireless.

Guy