[PrivacyBadger] Newbie

Noah Swartz noah at eff.org
Mon Oct 19 13:31:53 PDT 2015

Hi Tahirih
You should read through this guide to running unpacked chrome
extensions: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/getstarted
That will explain the process of changing code and testing those changes
in the browser.
To change code you will need a text editor, which could be anything from
notepad++ to vim to a full IDE like Sublime.
You may also find that you need npm installed to run tests and other
things, for information on that look here:
https://docs.npmjs.com/getting-started/installing-node

Once you've gotten your local version of Privacy Badger loaded into
chrome, I'd suggest changing some text and checking to see if you see
the change in your browser, then you'll know you have it working!

If you have any questions feel free to ask me directly!
Noah

On 10/18/2015 02:34 PM, Tahirih Natang wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I will like to contribute to the privacyBadger project. I have been
> programing for while and my interest in cyber security has motivated me
> to consider EFForg to work with.
>
> I have also been trying to find my way around the project but haven't
> had enough to be able to get started on my own. For instance I need help
> from someone with experience in the community to able to set up my own
> local development environment.
>
> I will appreciate you can guide me in set up my work environment so as
> to start making my own small contributions to the peoject.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tahirih

Noah Swartz
Staff Technologist - EFF