[PrivacyBadger] Pushing Privacy Badger's buttons

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat May 30 14:33:44 PDT 2015

I have set up a tracking protection test, here:
  http://www.aloodo.org/test/

It's there to give sites an easy way to warn users
who are vulnerable to tracking. (Background on that:
  http://blog.aloodo.org/misc/site-request/ )

I want to make sure that the test is always correctly
detecting a working Privacy Badger.

The test uses a third-party iframe, and the script
that runs inside the iframe is inline on this page:
  http://ad.aloodo.com/track/

The script will send a "tracking detected" message
if it detects that the iframe has been loaded, and a
script in the iframe has been able to modify a cookie
and/or localStorage, on three different pages.

Is that enough or is there anything else I should be
aware of, to make sure that the script is behaving
properly and not reporting Privacy Badger users as
vulnerable in the future?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/